To provide a comprehensive human resources program with an emphasis on proactive, solutions oriented service to all City community members including current, prospective and former employees.
- Recruitment, screening and selection
- New employee orientation
- Classification and compensation
- Employee benefits coordination, administration and communication
- Training, development and education
- Employee relations including mediation, facilitation, progressive disciplinary action, grievance and appeals process
- Labor relations including negotiations, administration and contract compliance
- Management and employee consultation and advising
- Policy development, interpretation and compliance
- Employment law compliance (Federal and State)
- ADA coordination
- Respond to internal and external charges of discrimination and harassment
- Coordinate responses to unemployment claims
Job Opportunities (Subject to Change)
Please submit a City application (required), resume or letter of interest directly to our Human Resources Department via email or in person.
(Please do not submit via our City website)
- Certified Lifeguard (temporary)
- Parks Service Worker (temporary, 20 hrs. per week)
- Water Utility Service Worker (Standing position)*
Please contact our Human Resources Department at (505) 747-6017 or email request to email@example.com for complete job descriptions.
*Candidates with NMED Water Certification welcome to apply;
If selected, position and pay will be at certification level
(Water Operator I, Water Operator II, etc.)