The Community Services Department understands quality of life is vital to the residents of Española. This department is responsible for managing a comprehensive and ambitious wide range of services that strengthen families, individuals and neighborhoods.
Its mission is to develop and implement quality programs that strengthen community image, provide recreational experiences, encourage healthy lifestyles, and preserve Española’s heritage. This is accomplished by:
• Providing innovative recreation, social and cultural activities and programs.
• Operating and scheduling use of public facilities and parks in a cost-effective and customer-focused manner.
• Maintaining effective partnerships with local public agencies and community organizations.
By successfully accomplishing this mission, the Community Services Department provides essential community benefits, including:
• Parks and open space for relaxing, walking, exercising and enjoying family time.
• Recreational facilities where residents can learn, explore, create and imagine.
• Healthier residents.
• Sense of well being in the community.
• A higher quality of life.
• Cultural expression and unity.
- 2nd Annual Community Matanza at Valdez Park June 2nd from 12:00 to 9:00pm
- RACSTOP 6PAC Conference on May 9th 9:00am to 3:00pm at Ranchitos Park
- Annual Community Back Pack Giveaway on July 28th from 12:00 to 6:00pm at the Plaza de Española
- Show and Shine Car Show at the Plaza de Española every third Saturday starting in May through September 2018
- Española Valley Art Festival on September 29th and 30th at the Plaza de Española
Española Community Matanza... A feast of Cultures!
"An event for the people, by the people"
Saturday, June 2nd, 2018. 12PM-9PM
at the Valdez Park. Española, New Mexico
This is a FREE, Family friendly, Non-Alcoholic Event.
107.5 Outlaw Country, Alicia Fine Jewelers, City of Española
Century Bank, Coca-Cola, Española Point S Tires,
Española Trnsit Mix, Hands Across Cultures, Henry Valencia Inc.,
JoAnn's Ranch O Casados, KANW 89.1, Naturally New Mexico,The
RAC-STOP, R&E Glass, The Northern Foundation, Triple S,
Zia Credit Union and Z4 Enterprises.
12PM - Opening Ceremonies
1PM - Vero Y Dulzura
2PM - Desert Loops
3PM - Sikh Community
4PM - Grupo Divino
5PM - La Gente
6PM - Baile Illusion
7PM - Native American Entertainment
8PM - Poetry Slam (Open Mic)
An Exhibition of Lowriders by the Lowrider Community
Face Painting by Melanie Marie Viarrial
Live Art Project by featuring Northern New Mexico's FInest Artists (Toby Morfin, Diego Lopez, Cruz Lopez, Nikki Bustos, Rose Simpson with an open invitation to any local artists)
And booths by local organizations and vendors.
Including: "Dunk a Politician" featuring Rio Arriba County Sheriff, James Lujan, Mayor of the City of Española, Javier Sanchez, City Councilor, Justin Salazar-Torrez, Española School Board President, Ruben Archuleta and District Attorney, Marco Serna..
And don't forget! A Matanza Meal will be served at the Park, which will feature food from the local cultural communities,
$10 Per Adult $ 5 per Child (includes a Children's Menu)
THe Española Community Matanza is organized and sponsored by the Española Community Matanza Board.
*Proceeds for this event will go towards a local organization(s) that gives back to the community
Hours of Operation, Library Catalog and other information regarding activities held in the Española Public Library can be found here.
See the operational fee schedule for the Beatrice Martinez-Quintana Senior Center.
Find helpful information regarding the Richard Lucero Recreation Center
Ranchitos Park & Penny Garcia-Roybal Aquatics Center
Check out pictures and other information from the Espanola Plaza Convento NNMRAC.
Review Community Services facility fees and proposed edits.